Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, whose vision is Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans”. We envision a Ugandan society with good life, when products and services in Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and Child Health are accessible, affordable and effectively utilized by all those in need. Our Mission is “To improve the quality of life of Ugandans, through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions.” Our Core Values are; Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility, and Equity.
UHMG is currently expanding and is seeking a dynamic qualified individual to fill the following position as part of its team. This is position responsible for supporting the team in the coordination of these intervention areas, including planning, implementing and reporting, and followup with all the partners in the field and government ministries.
POSITION : Social Behaivour Change Officer (SBCC Officer) – 3 Posts
DUTY STATION : Uhmg Regional Offi ce- Mbarara
REPORTS TO : Demand Creation Advisor – Usaid Rhites-Sw Project
The Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) Officer will provide professional support services in Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) and social marketing efforts at the project level, including implementing and monitoring the execution of UHMG’s communication strategies and campaigns, guided by the SBCC Strategy.
This position requires an innovative person with specific hands on knowledge and skills in planning, designing, implementing, monitoring, and reporting of SBCC demand creation programs especially in prevention activities, with an understanding of social cultural and economic issues related to health.
The person should be results driven and able to deliver on set targets, with networking capabilities and able to manage competing priorities. S/he will play a leading role in the development of SBCC intervention strategies and frameworks, hence this will require a self-driven, seasoned, and experienced person with skills to manage and oversee these technical areas.
The person should have the capacity to work under minimum supervision with resilience, and maintain a clean and transparent SBCC implementation system as per set procedures. S/he should be detail- and results-oriented, have strong conceptual, analytical, and reporting skills, with expertise in information gathering, analysis and timely reporting, be proactive in instituting innovative, sustainable, and cost-effective interventions, and work dedicatedly to fulfill the organization’s goals, while upholding the Core Values of UHMG.
Essential Job Functions:
The SBCC Officer will be specifically responsible for the following tasks: –
1. Contribute to the development and updating of UHMG’s Social Marketing and Social and Behavior Change Communication strategy, based on qualitative research and analysis of survey results and other data.
2. Support quality assurance in all Marketing and Communication strategies, materials, and activities undertaken in the communication department, and ensure, that they adhere to relevant USAID, UHMG, MOH, and other key stakeholder policies, guidelines and standards, and are approved by the relevant regulatory bodies.
3. Participate in the development and distribution of Marketing and SBCC/IEC materials and services, community activations, for quality production and timeliness for both print and broadcast materials to increase public knowledge about benefi ts of adhering to healthy behaviors.
4. Contribute to the concept development, testing and pre-testing of all communication materials that are developed and ensure correct branding, oversee dissemination of SBCC messages and campaign materials, training/capacity building of other staff and oversight of SBCC activities.
5. Execute the project’s marketing and communication campaigns, i.e. Above-The- Line (mass media) communication, identify and orient SBCC agents, Community Interpersonal communication including development of schedules at health facilities and communities, and oversee implementation of Toll Free Helpline and Social Media Communication campaigns.
6. Support the supervisor in coordinating the respective project’s media-related activities, including organizing meetings with media representatives, district health teams and with other stakeholders.
7. Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly workplans and progress reports on the project and document success stories, lessons learnt and advocacy campaigns during implementation of the communication activities, and ensure regular publications. 8. Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mass Communication, Commerce (Marketing), Business Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences or other related degree. Post Graduate training in health communication will be an added advantage. (Leadership in Strategic Communication is an added advantage).
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Excel). Familiarity with the use survey tools, analysis tools and web-based platforms for coordination. Training in quantitative and qualitative data collection, (knowledge, attitudes, perceptions, surveys, focus group discussions, etc.) is key.
At least 4 years’ relevant experience working in public health communication programming for development/ humanitarian projects/programs in a donor environment, in managing social behavior change communication campaigns, and in monitoring public health communication-related projects of similar scope in a social marketing field. Experience working with USAID programs will be an added advantage.
Experience in working with national and community SBCC intervention programs; Specific hands-on knowledge and skills in planning, designing, implementing and monitoring SBCC programs especially in prevention approaches is mandatory. Demonstrated handling of BCC interventions and hands-on experience in driving targeted SBCC campaigns, and in communication stakeholder management, digital marketing tools, and social media is essential.
Demonstrable results in previous work environment should reinforce claims to this experience. Knowledge of public health service delivery, community engagement and social marketing, and experience in working with community health-intervention programs and in dissemination of information through different communication channels. Experience in social marketing to increase demand for products and services. Demonstrable results in previous work environment should reinforce claims to this experience.
A motivated, focused, disciplined professional, with the drive and dynamism to work under pressure with competing deadlines, and possess the ability to make an immediate impact. Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and result-oriented skills, and experience in managing objectives with the customer in mind.
Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tactful, ability to plan, organize and measure outcomes of interventions. Exemplary and honest, with a high level of energy and integrity, and able to work under minimum supervision.
Flexible, innovative, with good record keeping, communication, presentation, report-writing, and interpersonal skills. Team player with the ability to make positive contributions. Knowledge of the local language will be an added advantage.
Please deliver your resume (CV), copies of certifi cates, references, and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top lefthand side of the envelope”, to the UHMG Office Reception, addressed to The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG), Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 4:00 pm or 16:00 hours (East African time) on Friday 8th December 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All documents submitted by applicants towards this recruitment process shall become the property of UHMG.
Any attempt by an applicant or their representative, acting on their behalf, (within and/or outside UHMG) to influence the recruitment process in their favor will lead to automatic disqualification of that applicant.
PLEASE DELIVER YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THE UHMG RECEPTION.