General Administrative Assistant
Armour Energy (Uganda), an oil and gas exploration company, licensed to undertake exploration activities in the Kanywataba license area in Ntoroko District, in Uganda, invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the position of General Administrative Assistant. The tenure of the job is for an initial 6 months term with potential for both growth and renewal. Armour Energy (Uganda) has an office in Kampala and the exploration tenure on the southern shore of Lake Albert. The Kampala Office is C/O BKA Advocates, Kisozi House – Annex B Building, Kisozi House Close (Off Kyaggwe Road), Nakasero, P.O. Box 27673, Kampala, Uganda In line with National Content regulations, this position is only for qualified Ugandans.
Brief description of the job
Armour Energy Limited seeks to hire a short term General Administrative Assistant to participate in the activities that have been scheduled for the work plan year 2018. The successful candidate shall be based at the AEL Office but with frequent travel to and stay in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. As directed by the Country Head of Business assist in all General Country Office Administration related to the work plan of 2018 2. Undertake and supervise some aspects of the field work in the Kanywataba License Area during 2018 field season 3. Prepare reports related to the activities in the work plan to an appropriate standard 4. Ensure accountability of all resources placed in his/ her responsibility 5. Receive and hand over all communication directed to the office to the Country Head of Business 6. Ensure that HSE procedures are adhered to as expected by the company and based on mitigation plans established 7. Undertake all other assignments given by the Country Head of Business
Education and Experience – Essential
• A suitable administration qualification and/or experience is necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Geology (completed or nearly completed) is a critical advantage
• Ability to understand and participate in surface mapping and soil sampling including handling of such samples and related logistics
• Knowledge and qualification of basis/minimum HSE standards
• At least 2 references or testimonials with full contact details
Experience – Desirable
• Experience in general office administration procedures
• A basic knowledge of book-keeping or accounting and record keeping including time sheets
• Between 0 to 5 years of related work experience
• Medium to Basic understanding of the Petroleum Industry in Uganda.
• Post graduate studies
Skills – Desirable
• Good working knowledge and skill with a PC utilizing Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Ability to use GIS software
• Ability to use common industry software such as Kingdom, OpenDtect, log interpretation software and the like
• Strong Field orientation
• Strong orientation to working as a Team
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English
• Problem solving skills
• Report writing and research skills
Applications (Application letter, CV, three references, copies of testimonials) shall be submitted to Armour Energy Limited at Kisozi House Annex, C/O BKA Advocates, Kisozi House – Annex B Building, Kisozi House Close (Off Kyaggwe Road), Nakasero, P.O. Box 27673, Kampala, Uganda on or before 30th September 2018 as well as via email to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.