Established in 1988, the MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit is an internationally recognized Center of excellence for research on HIV infection and related diseases, contributing knowledge on the evolving epidemic, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention, and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide. The Unit’s head offi ces are located at the Uganda Virus Research Institute- Entebbe Campus, and the main research activities in Masaka, Kalungu, Kampala and Wakiso districts, including the peri-urban areas of Entebbe.
The Unit is now seeking enthusiastic and experienced individuals to fi ll the following positions:
Role Position: Statistician (01 position, Entebbe)
Reporting to: Head of Statistics & NCD Head of programme
The main responsibilities of the post holder will be to provide statistical support in the design and conduct of clinical trials, epidemiological studies and community-based interventions carried out by the programme, and to carry out statistical analysis of data from these projects and prepare the results for publication.
Some Key Responsibilities:
1. To provide statistical support for studies carried out by the research programme, and in particular to assist with issues relating to study design, sampling and field procedures, quality control activities, data collection and statistical analysis.
2. Maintaining close collaborative links with statisticians and other researchers at Exeter University, UK, as well as with other international partners.
3. To develop statistical analysis plans for ongoing trials and to organise and prepare for milestone events such as database lock, unblinding, analysis and reporting. Visit the website for details
Role Position: Scientist A (01 position, Entebbe)
Reporting to: Study Principal Investigator
The post holder will be responsible for management of a clinical trial based in Lake Albert, Uganda investigating different dosing strategies for the delivery of praziquantel in preschool children with intestinal schistosomiasis. The PIP trial. (Praziquantel In Preschoolers)
Some Key Responsibilities:
1. Participate in protocol development, reviews and comprehends the protocol and other study materials, attends investigator meetings.
2. Obtains informed consent, screens for study eligibility, enrols and follows up study participants.
3. Provides clinical care to study participants and conducts referrals as appropriate.
4. Collects data as required by the protocol, completes source documents and CRFs and submits them for data entry, and resolves queries. Visit the website for details
For the detailed job description and procedure for application, please visit http://www.mrcuganda.org/jobs
Fill an online form whose details are on the website and there after submit your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include academic documents, a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact and three traceable professional references. Combine all application documentation into one Ms Word Document and then convert it to PDF.
Deadline is 9th November 2018, 5:00pm.