Field Engineer Trainee
As a Field Engineer, you’ll be involved in every part of our business. From helping acquire essential data to planning long-term well development, you’ll organize, run, and report operations in the field environment and assist specialists and other Engineers with key decisions. Your training will be hands-on as you learn about the energy industry and become an expert in the various tools and services in your business line. You’ll be asked to learn a lot quickly, and you’ll be given responsibility and support to make your impact and start becoming a leader in our business.
- Perform operations, operate equipment, and be accountable for team wellsite performance, by the end of your training
- Manage fi eld operations, including engineering design, maintenance, job planning, and operational reporting
- Learn the well construction process and understand the role of different service companies
- Support engineers and specialists on-site and help with essential duties, such as risk analysis
- Effectively manage a crew and/or processes within a year
- Help prepare wellsite reports and post-job debriefi ngs
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement culture—across the business
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or related science
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Quick learner able to use logic to solve problems
- Be personally committed to continuous improvement
- Evidence of leadership and teamwork skills
The field Specialist is responsible for providing customers with safe, accurate, and on-time product and service delivery.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Attain excellence in learning and competency events.
- Ensure safe, timely, and compliant operations at the well site, job location, or plant, including rigup and rig-down of equipment.
- Mentor others as required.
- Participate in job risk analysis and continuous improvement programs.
- Engage customer contacts to promote company products and services.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 2 or 3-year technical degree or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
All applications should send through the Schlumberger careers website at https://careers.slb.com. ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON THE STATED WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED. The deadline is Friday, September 10th, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To know more about Schlumberger visit our website at https://www.slb.com
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.