Medical Teams International is a faith-based not for profit health relief and development organization with a Calling “Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world”. MTI-UG has operations in West Nile, Mid-Western, and Southwestern Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS, and Nutrition to people of concern and the local communities. MTI-Uganda is seeking to recruit a highly competent, dynamic, trainable, and experienced candidate to fill the following positions;
JOB TITLE: MEAL Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
POSITION: One (1)
- The primary role of the MEAL Coordinator is to work directly with field operations, technical and program staff to ensure implementation of high-quality MEAL at the field level. The position provides technical analysis, design, and support in the area of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning in line with Medical Teams program standards, donor guidelines, and humanitarian sector best practices to deliver high-quality health programming. Working closely with headquarters technical advisors and experts, the MEAL Officer develops effective MEAL systems and data collection tools; collects data using qualitative and quantitative methods; and, conducts data entry and analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field or equivalent experience is required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Training in Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized institution is required (Statistics, Public Health or Project Planning and Management or equivalent)
- At least three years of experience with direct health services monitoring and evaluation systems in a humanitarian or development context required
- Proven experience in collecting quantitative and qualitative data using various survey modalities and sampling methodologies, including the development of collection instruments, training of enumerators, monitoring of field collection, and data quality control.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to staff involved with data collection and reporting.
- Experience with electronic data collection and management (Kobo preferred) and evaluation methodologies
- Experience with HMIS data management and development of project monitoring systems
- Skills in IT, databases, statistical software, and analysis, particularly in areas related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of CHS and SPHERE standards
- In-depth knowledge of logical framework development and donor reporting (ECHO, DFID, PRM, UN agencies, etc.)
- Familiarity with grant management and institutional donor requirements related to proposals and reporting
JOB TITLE: Project Accountant
REPORTS TO: Senior Grants Officer
POSITION: One (1)
Responsible for monitoring UNHCR and other grants as per assigned portfolio and the second layer of project-specific approval of each posting done within the portfolio. Also maintains and reviews project general ledger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Commerce is required; a Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum Level 3 progressive stage in accounting certification is required: Full Chartered Accountant or CPA is an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in UNHCR grants management overseeing & multi-donor project funds.
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability, and dependable
- Excellent computer application skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Team player, collaborator, Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision
- Skills and Ability to evaluate financial aspects of activities and programs, institutional capacities and capabilities, and adequacy of accounting, financial management, internal controls, and able to enforce donor regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and relevant UNHCR and other donor requirements
- In-depth knowledge of preparation and presentation of financial statements and audit support practices § In-depth knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Unit4, etc.
- Skilled in using ERP systems to process financial transactions
- A high degree of analytical and financial reporting skills
- Strong administrative skills in managing documentation and project funding information
- Ability to respond to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy
For each position’s details, please follow the link below and browse open positions to apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 22, 2021. 5:00PM.
- Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria should visit the link above to apply. Please include at least 3 work-related referees on your CV preferably people who have worked with you in your current role and previous and understand your competence and conduct.
- Only online applications will be accepted. Your application will only be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements and system application procedures.
- Medical Teams International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, Shortlisting, interview meeting, processing, reference verification, training, or any other fees)
- Medical Teams International will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
- Medical Teams International is an equal opportunity employer.