Chemonics International, an international development organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks long-term and short-term technical experts for anticipated projects funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
The projects aim to work with government and non-government stakeholders to reduce corruption and improve accountability and oversight in Uganda and to strengthen cross-sectoral linkages across community-based groups like health user committees, producer organizations, parent-teacher associations and others to improve citizen engagement and demand for improved governance and accountability.
We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. We are looking for technical experts in the following fields:
- Local Governance Accountability
- Policy Reform in Governance, Inter-governmental Finance, and Tax Planning
- Public Financial Management
- Civil Society/Community-based Organizations Engagement
- Private Sector Engagement and public private partnerships
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- Service Delivery
- Procurement and Auditing
- Organizational Capacity Building
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
- Youth and Citizenship Participation
- Grants Management
- Communications and Public Outreach
Qualified candidates will have extensive experience in:
- Master’s degree in relevant field preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in and knowledge of Ugandan local governance engagement strongly preferred;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required;
- Demonstrated experience working closely with and supporting governments.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Interested applicants should electronically submit a cover letter and CV to https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/chemonics_uganda by April 20, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.