QC Leader North – Req: 45047BR
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Deputy Construction Manager to ensure compliance with agreed standards and specifications.
- Maintain good relationships with Contractors/Subcontractors, whilst ensuring the necessary controls are in place to achieve the objectives of the Project.
- Report activities that may have a detrimental effect on schedule and cost to the Deputy Construction Manager and Project Management Team.
- To liaise with other disciplines, safety, cost, planning, and administration sections to improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Act as primary QA / QC / Inspection Representative with main Contractor ensuring that he is fully conversant and compliant with all Company project QA / QC / Inspection related standards and procedures.
- Supervise the ad-hoc COMPANY inspectors employed via the inspection services contract to ensure they are performing to the required standards.
- Review/comment on contractors’ quality plans, ITP’s and related documentation.
- Ensure correct inspection manpower levels are maintained.
- Ensure that all nonconformities are resolved, track trends, and make recommendations to the Deputy Construction Manager and Project Management Team.
- Manage the following Site QA / QC / Inspection interfaces and ensure that Company / Project standards and procedures are fully aligned i.e Company & Construction Contractor, Construction Contractor / Sub-contractors.
- Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline and scope for the Deputy Construction Manager and Project Management Team.
- QA/QC/Inspection Vendor representatives & construction site personnel.
- Advise the Deputy Construction Manager and other Discipline Superintendents on all aspects of QA / QC / Inspection Management and ensure that interfaces with other disciplines are managed effectively.
- Provide leadership, supervision, guidance, and mentoring to personnel with a focus on national development.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 15 years experience in Oil and Gas and Petrochemical industry with a recognized level of expertise, knowledge of welding fabrication & NDT, knowledge of metallurgy.
- Experience in the application of Quality Assurance Systems & auditing, familiar with relevant national and international codes & standards.
- Member of a professional body (QC)
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
All apphcat1ons should be sent through the Total EP careers website at https//careers totalenerg1es.com
ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON THE STATED WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED. The deadline is Monday 13th September 2021. Short l1st1ng begins 1mmed1ately and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “Candidates applying for the advertised pos1t1ons will be selected on merit Any form of canvassing 1s strictly proh1b1ted • To know more about Total E&P Uganda, please visit our website https://corporate.totalenergies.ug/