Enabel is a Belgian development agency. II implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners, Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities, and Global Citizenship. With 1.500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa, and the Middle East.
Enabel in Uganda in cooperation with the Ministry of Health and with funding from the Government of Belgium is seeking to recruit ONE Sector Expert in Sexual Reproductive Health to be based at the Enabel in Uganda-Field Office in Arua with frequent travels to the Acholi sub-region. In addition, Enabel also seeks to establish a recruitment reserve for the same position to be incorporated in its operational teams for future purposes. The Sector
Expert in Sexual Reproductive Health will report to the Intervention Manager of the Health Projects.
Your Roles and Responsibilities consist of:
- You lead the implementation of the Intervention’s activities in the West Nile and Acholi sub-region in the area of Sexual and Reproductive Health by providing inputs for planning, execution, monitoring, and evaluation in order to ensure the results are achieved within the set execution deadline;
- You provide technical input in the area of Sexual and Reproductive Health in order to achieve the Intervention’s technical performance in accordance with National and International norms and standards;
- You contribute to knowledge building and knowledge Management in Sexual Reproductive Health and Results-Based Financing;
- You develop capacities of partner entities to contribute to the improvement of their organizations, processes, systems, and their staff competencies in the area of Reproductive Health.
Follow the link to get the full job details: http://gofile.me/6QZru/FSFXT41Ab
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Population and Reproductive Health, Public Health, Health Management plus other related studies;
- A Minimum of 5 years work experience as a Specialist in Reproductive Health
- A Minimum of 5 years work experience in Managing Health Projects in Development Co-operation or an NGO setting;
- A Minimum of 3 years work experience in the Public Health Sector;
- Experience in working in the West Nile and Acholi Sub-region is an added advantage.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.);
- You have knowledge and experience in Sexual Reproductive Health;
- You are knowledgeable about the Project Management Cycle; You have experience in People Management and Management of Teams;
- You are knowledgeable about knowledge Management and knowledge sharing;
- You have experience in working with Development Partners also including District Officials;
- You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach;
- You show respect and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise;
- You show engagement, a sense of responsibility, and integrity;
- You are flexible and can work in a changing environment;
- You have good knowledge of standard ICT applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other On-line programs);
You commit to the vision, mission, and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
- A fascinating and varied job.
- You are included in our reserve of applicants with a view of being contacted once there is a job opening or a new job is being created. You are included in the recruitment reserve for a period of 3 years. First recruitment is scheduled for between three and twelve months. Contracts are for the term of the project in some of the projects Enabel operates in Uganda.
- A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary between UGX 10,000,000 and UGX 13,000,000 which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales, medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December.
Our job openings are for all who fulfil the conditions in the job advertisement. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely on the basis of capacity.
Are you interested?
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages’ maximum using the online application link below:
Follow this link to apply online: https://jobs.enabel.be/go/All-vacancies/4648801/
Follow this link to apply on-line: htlps://jobs.enabel.be/go/All-vacancies/46488011
Apply ON-LINE at 1he lates1 by Friday, 23″‘ July 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.