1.0 Project Summary
FHI360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. In Uganda, the organization implements several projects including the USAID’s Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Activity that aims to improve maternal, newborn, child health, and nutrition outcomes. FHI 360 is seeking the following short-term locums and consultants:
2.0 Opportunity 1 – Health Informatics Technical Officer Short-term Locum
A short locum Health Informatics Technical Officer is sought to provide technical support to the Ministry of Health Division of Vaccines and Immunization team in the management of immunization management information systems over a period of not more than 120 working days.
Roles and functions:
The officer will play the following roles and functions:
- Support the management of COVID-19 Vaccination information management systems in including following up with and providing ongoing skills-building technical support to users at the district and facility level
- Support the MOH UNEPI team in the evolution and application of new innovations for the COVID-19 vaccination information management system such as certifications, validation of certificate beneficiaries, missing certificate requirements
- Support new innovations in UNEPI program that are aimed at supporting COVID-19 vaccination as well other key interventions, e.g Smart Paper Technology (SPT), Immunization and Data quality Apps, dashboards, among others
- Provide technical support including troubleshooting, training of all HMIS users in close collaboration with the various development and implementing partners
- Support monitoring the usage of the COVID-19 vaccination information management system and follow-up on any issues both on the dashboards generated and through field-based reports from partners and program staff
- Support the validation of data reported in the COVID-19 vaccination information management system through quality assurance mechanisms
- Support the consolidation of data from the district across the different sources, as well as conduct required analytics and help the UNEPI team to generate appropriate presentations and visuals
- Support the UNEPI team in coordinating and communicating with districts and regions, in close collaboration with the MOH call center team and other identified call center agents
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology. Post-graduate training in a related field is of added advantage
- At least 3 years of experience working within Uganda’s Health Information Management Systems
- Practical experience working with and navigating functions of the national DHIS2, including mining, analysis, presentation of data
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis; data management (maintaining a database, quality control measures); training/mentoring healthcare facility teams on records management; reporting; and in summarization and presentation of data in creative ways.
- Proficiency in using databases and statistical software is required (e.g., Stata, SPSS, or EPI-Info) as well as strong skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and mobile technologies to report data
- Knowledge and skills with health informatics including data visualization and applications is a strong advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with other donors and partners
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
The duty station will be FHI 360 Uganda Country Office and MOH EPI Division in Kampala.
Interested firms or individuals are encouraged to send their applications to email@example.com as soon as possible and no later than 23rd July 2021 at 5:00 pm. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.