Epicentre is a Non-Government Organization created by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in 1987 to help improve the quality of its field interventions. Since 1996, Epicentre has been a World Health Organization (WHO) collaborating centre for research in epidemiology and response to emerging diseases. Epicentre’s work hinges around three main activity areas: clinical research, field epidemiology and training.
Job: STUDY MEDICAL DOCTOR
Location: Epicentre Mbarara Research Centre in (EMRC), Uganda
Reports to: Junior Research Assistant/ Site Principal Investigator
Duration: 6 months contract renewable
General responsibilities (not exhaustive)
- To support the PIs in the implementation of the study and ensuring that procedures are followed according to protocol.
- To participate in the informed consent process and clinical assessment of study participants for inclusions in the studies according to the inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- To ensure that all clinical and biological testing required by the study is done at inclusion and during the follow-up visits
- Complete case report forms following CRF completion guidelines, ICH-GCP and SOP
- Provide adequate medical care to study participants and ensure appropriate referral and follow-up in liaison with the site investigator
- To take up any study-specific responsibilities delegated to him/her by the Site Investigators.
- To ensure proper use of the study-specific materials and equipment
- Provide support to the communication team in the implementation of the communication plan, as requested by the Site Investigator.
- To participate in the training related to research studies as deemed appropriate by the Director and the Investigators
- Participate in the meetings of the medical department and in the different meetings as required by the Site Investigator or Director
- Participate in the general activities of the research base as required
- Any other tasks as required by the Site Investigator and the Director.
- To report on any aspects that threaten or favors the program to the Site Investigator
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) (Mandatory)
- Experience in Clinical Medical practice for at least 1 year (Mandatory)
- Previous experience in clinical research (preferred)
- Fluent in English and Runyankole, Spoken and written (Mandatory)
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and other electronic databases (Preferred)
- Teamwork, flexibility, commitment, and service
Interested candidates are invited to hand-deliver their application package (CV, application letter) to
MSF/Epicentre Mbarara Research Base
P. O. Box 1956, Mbarara
Applications must be submitted not later than 28th July 2021 at 5:30 pm, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.