The Promotion of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Programme (PREEEP) is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschatt f0r Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). PREEEP aims at improving framework conditions for access to clean energy in rural and peri-urban areas. PREEEP has four key output areas: policy, market development, skills development and decentralization. Under its skills development activities, PREEEP aims to strengthen the professional skills for improving access to clean energy in a market-oriented and gender-sensitive manner. Activities include;
- Baseline and Needs Assessment
- Capacity Assessment of VTls in northern Uganda and formalisation of cooperation with 4 VTls
- Curriculum Review and development focusing RE technologies
- Training of Trainers (25 or more Trainers trained)
- Training of 600 RE and wiring technicians (50% female)
These activities under skills development are implemented by a consultancy JV – lntegration/RENAC/Envidatec. The activities are implemented mostly in Northern Uganda, but with some activities still in Kampala.
GIZ is recruiting a Technical Advisor – Skills Development to steer and support the project team and the consultant in the implementation of these activities. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON THIS JOB OPENING